Monday, June 15, 2009

More reasons why he sucks

I am a BIG time movie fan. I love all types of films and all types of actors. Some of my favorite film actors range from Errol Flynn to Jennifer Jason Leigh. I love horror, sci-fi, comedy, drama, and more. I do NOT discriminate or prejudge any kind of film. I think Woody Allen is awesome. I think Peter Jackson is awesome. 


I don't like to waste my time. I don't like to waste money. I am not the only one in the world like that. Most people are. 


Ed Burns has wasted some of by time and some of my money. I rented or went to movies (at first knowing he was in them, and later, not knowing since I avoid his films now), expecting them to be good, and they weren't. That is HIS fault. Most people do NOT like this guy. His films don't make money. That is not an opinion. That is a FACT. This guy is NOT a success. If he was, his films would be doing incredible financially, or at least be getting great reviews. 


Woody Allen's films don't make tons of money, but no one disputed his talents. His reviews are incredible. Financial success isn't the only measure of success. 


Because mostly everything he is in charge of (his own films) do poorly, it is not just my opinion, but a fact that: 


He is NOT a good writer. 

He is NOT a good director. 

He is NOT a good actor. 


Sure, a lot of people might like him. Heck, a lot of pople smoke ad eat Twinkies, too, but that doesn't mean those are good things. 


I am not the first to say his voice is annoying. I am not the first to say he has gotten fat, and I can keep going if I want to. From what I understand, he is kind of a jerk, too. Ever read an old interview with this guy? He talks about how he just wants to have a simple life with a nice Catholoic girl. Then he's off dating heroin-soaked models with millions in the bank. Don't even think about telling me that anyone in his position would do the same thing. Seriously, what kind of guy dates a model? I know plenty of models. Most are dumb as bricks. Honesty, what kind of job is that? A model. Gimme a break. 


Also, there are apartments all over NYC to buy or rent. What kind of ego must this jackass have that he went out of his way to get J.F.K. Jr's apartment? Doesn't that speak volumes about him? 


Don't understand what I mean? OK, why not buy a green, earth-friendly, socially conscious home? Wouldn't that say something GOOD about him? Sure, it would. He didn't do it. 


Why not marry a nice catholic girl and have a nice quiet life? Wouldn't that say something GOOD about him? Sure it would. He didn't do it. 


Why not produce a documentary about a real life historical hero, or produce a documentary that educates people? Wouldn't that say something GOOD about him? Sure it would. He didn't do it. 


Let's face the facts, shall we? He wanted to be rich and fmaous (don't tell me everyone does. It is NOT true). He produced a film that did all right at film festivals 15 years ago. He thought this was his chance He got some money, bought J.F.K. Jrs' apartment, dated some hot models, married one ... and now he's struggling to eke out a career for hinmelf because he is not as talented as he --- and others --- thought he was. 


Those are FACTS. Not opinions. 


All I know about this guy is out there for all to see, and I don't like it. And as far as I am concerned there is nothing he can do to redeem himself except go away.